SGS is the worlds leading testing, inspection and certification company.
We are recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. SGS can help protect your brand by minimizing risks in your supply chain with your global compliance, training, testing, inspection, auditing and certification services.
Regulatory Compliance & Advisory Services
Our technical advisory and gap analysis services support you to ensure your products and processes remain compliant with market regulations and customers’ requirements. Whether you need a one-off artwork label review, regulatory compliance advice or a bespoke Product Lifecycle Management platform we will work with you to ensure regulatory compliance, adherence to internal policies and corporate responsibility requirements.
These value-adding services can be tailored to your individual needs, helping you to understand and comply with international and locally enforced food regulations. Our services are scalable and flexible; catered to your business needs and budget, whenever you might need us, offering out of hours support, we are there when you most need it.
We offer In-house Retainer Scheme for obtaining timely professional advice on Trading Standards and Product Safety issues.
- Specialist expertise, qualified Trading Standards Officers, factory experienced food professionals, and scientists
- Secure, confidential online portal for submission of questions and receipt of advice
- Timely responses, answered within 5 workings days unless otherwise agreed
- Flexible, tailored programmes; each hour is broken down into four 15-minute blocks
- Professional Account Managers assign queries to the relevant specialists and monitor available blocks
At SGS, we perform a broad range of sophisticated food testing, advisory and analytical services at our labs across the United Kingdom. Our scientists have a wealth of experience and are fully versed in the many needs of the food industry, covered by extensive accreditation in the following:
- Nutrition and composition analysis
- Pesticide residue testing
- Microbiological testing
- Food allergen testing
- Mycotoxin testing
- Dioxin and PCB testing
Audit & Certification
Audits and certification against industry, national and international regulations are becoming increasingly important in todays global business environment. In addition to GFSI-recognized schemes, we offer a broad range of food safety, quality, supply chain, social, ethical and sustainability audit services.
Supply Chain & Customized Solutions
Our food supply chain management services allow you to digitise your entire food supply chain, so you can analyse and monitor your suppliers, materials and
customers. This enables you to deliver safe and responsible food products, while connecting with modern shoppers to build consumer loyalty and trust.
With our food supply chain management services, you can:
- Digitise your supply chain to collect supplier, facility, component, and country of origin data as well as accurate Bill of Materials/Bill of Substances information
- Capture compliance and business specific information
- Run comprehensive analytics to meet demands for regulatory and compliance reporting, supply chain scorecarding and geomapping
SGS is a global leader in the provision of professional training, giving you access to innovative learning and development solutions tat help you assess and improve your food safety and quality standards. Our courses cover all aspects of your food value chain, including sustainability, and can be delivered in a variety of formats, including virtual and e-learning.
Contact us for more information
Visit our website:
Food Testing Services | SGS
Making the Difference, the Importance of Food Safety Services (sgs.co.uk)
Food Supply Chain Management | SGS UK